Sunday, September 18, 2011

finally.

We are almost there, folks. Tomorrow (Monday) will be a day of last minute packing, soaking in God's presence, coffee (lots of it), and deep dish Chicago pizza with sweet fellowship with wonderful friends. Tuesday will be a day of sleep deprivation (coffee), airports (more coffee), Haiti, riding in the back of the death truck on top of our luggage with Sam Compton, and finally settling at Mountaintop (and more coffee). It has come so fast! I'm very eager to see what God is going to do through us and in us this week.

Prayer requests: baggage arrives on time, safety, everyone makes flights, team unity, our hearts would be open to what God has for us this week, and that the devil would stay out of our way.

I will never forget this awful time,
as I grieve over my loss.
Yet I still dare to hope
when I remember this:
The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my
inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!"
The Lord is good to those who depend
on him,
to those who search for him.
-Lamentations 3:20-25

This passage of scripture is so comforting and true. When God strips away all the things dear to you, He is still faithful, loving, merciful, hopeful, and good. He doesn't need me; He wants me. I am in awe of His never-ending love for a wicked sinner like me.

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting! Looking forward to hear about this adventure turn out! I'm sure it's gonna be mind-blowing.

    ReplyDelete