Friday, April 9, 2010

Isaiah 40:26


Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. (Isaiah 40:26)

Wow, last night I was sitting under His glory just in awe. How much more evidence do you need that God is real? Look up to the sky on a clear night and you tell me how those got there. I was sitting there for about a half hour and He showed me how glorious He really is. I saw six shooting stars in one sitting. The one He really wanted me to see was in between two big clouds and it was absolutely stunning. They all were. Every single one. And He knows them each by name. Wow, I worship one BIG GOD.

Today was our last day at the clinic. It went very slow to me but it was a good day. One mom brought in her baby girl who was six months old. She was 9.5 pounds. She looked like she was newly born. When I was treating her for scabies, I thought I was going to break her she was so little. Her arms were probably as big as the width of an Oreo. I wanted to just cry. Pray that the mother will take care of her and she will grow up into a strong young woman. Tomorrow we will be organizing the clinic a bit, then probably go on a tour. Then Sunday is church and I don't know what. Then Monday is return to home. I'm not sure that I want to leave yet though.. I really love it here. I guess I should come home for the sake of mom, papa, and mema though. I am hoping I can come back here again soon and serve our awesome God. Thanks for the prayers everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lexi! I am so proud of you & you don't even know me. I am in AWE of our GREAT GOD that we serve & how He is using you to touch, embrace, love, encourage & lift up His hurting children.
    Psalm 41:3
    "The Lord nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health."
    Matthew 18:14
    "In the same way, it is not my heavenly Father’s will that even one of these little ones should perish."
    Thank you for being faithful to Jesus calling.
    I am looking forward to reading more of your blog.
    May God Bless you & keep you safe and also your dad, Denny & the rest of your team. Love, Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what about coming home for caden,brit,derrick,faith,judah,noah,lili,steeles,woods.popee,s,reegs,allisons,jes,tucker,sam,jessica,do i need to go on girl.....you better be coming home girl...I will see you soon..praying for safety tomorow and also pray for your brother who will be turkey hunting....ugg i need some more stress here...Be strong in the Lord..never stop praying...i love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Lex. You are absolutely AMAZING :) He is a GREAT GOD for blessing my life with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one amazing young lady, Lexi. I didn't get a chance to read this one until I got home. The part about the stars made me cry. God is awesome, and I love seeing how he is working in and through you!

    ReplyDelete