Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Well, I'm home. I got to sleep in my warm, comfy bed without dogs barking, chickens bawking, or people snoring. I also got to enjoy a real, hot shower. I felt kind of bad doing it, but it felt great. I'm still wishing I could be back in Haiti though. I miss it a lot already. Especially the group I was with. I got to know a lot of new and awesome people and I now have a new brother in Christ. He was one awesome guy. Coming back is hard. I don't want to loose the things that I learned over there. I want to be changed forever. Being back taught be how spoiled we are as Americans. We are soo spoiled! And blessed. Thank Jesus for what you have. You may think you don't have a whole lot, but compared to most of the world, you have tons. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I felt them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad I wasn't there for this picture, but so thankful I was able to meet each person in the picture. :)

    Who is the new brother in Christ and what is his story? Can you share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Doug! He wrote the group a note and gave it to us Monday morning. Paraphrazing, it basically said like he wishes he could tell us in person but then he'd start crying, that we changed his life and he was the kind of guy who never went to church, didn't have a faith, and didn't live his life for Christ. It continued on saying that he's changed and he can't get enough of Jesus now and he's going to change his life around. I gave him a hug after that and he started crying. He's so cute! I love Doug (:

    ReplyDelete