Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Psalm 16:8


Today was the first day in the medical clinic. Wow. I mostly helped with scabies and I "popped pills" for a while. Not the kind of popping pills you would think, popping them out of their containers. The women that came in the clinic with the babies blew me away. They were probably my age or younger.. Wow. The scabies was pretty intense. Some of the children weren't that bad but then there was ones with scabs all over and just balled while we were putting lotion on them. It was so sad. I wanted to just cry. Also, I got to listen to a heartbeat of an unborn baby! It was soo sweet! Man, I love babies. A group of us got to hike up the hill to the clinic and wow. It was pretty intense. We took a short cut up a really steep hill. These two fifteen year olds, about, passed us wearing flats and had a big basket of cabbage on their heads. We felt pretty out of shape. Keep praying that we will be able to Shine Jesus' light to these people. Again, it blows me away how smiley they always are.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love babies too....and love seeing my baby over there serving Gods people....you will never be the same...Praise God for that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing a great job with all the people there Lexi.

    Jennifer Schulting (A friend of Tami's)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for your team Lexi. You are a beautiful servant for our Lord Jesus! WOW!
    There is NO WAY you will EVER be the same, GO JESUS! Thank you
    From Kelli Naylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to hear your stories, Lexi. Keep doing God's amazing work down there! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Lex! The boys and I prayed for you on the way to school today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking about you and your dad. What a beautiful thing you are doing!!! Keep smiling!! You will NEVER forget this experience. Love You girl!

    ReplyDelete