Monday, April 5, 2010

The Ride


Well, after a long day we arrived at Wilams home. The ride here took about forty five minutes maybe? There is so much distruction in the city and we weren't even in the worst part yet. That comes later. There was people walking in the streets packed with cars and had no care in the world. They are HAPPY. With the very little "stuff" they have, they're happy. Look at how much we have and people complain about the littlest things. I'm not saying I don't, because I do, but wow. We take so much for granted. We all need to sit back and count all the blessings that God gives us each and every day. Keep praying. Tomorrow we will be going up to the clinic to work. Jesus, let us touch their lives as much as they're going to touch ours.

One funny thing that made me laugh quite hard, when we were on our way to the house I saw a little boy, around five years old, go over to the wall of a building, pull down his pants and pee. Right on front of everyone! It was hilarious. Especially because it made me think of Caden. Hehe, love you Cade!

9 comments:

  1. Lexi- I am praying for you! I am excited to follow along on your journey through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just like home huh lexi only he does it out windows......love you ..SHINE girl. SHINE the light of Jesus..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your team right now, Lexi! Loved reading your update...so true, it's so amazing to see people so happy with so little, such a good reminder to us all. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! You made it there, I am so proud of you Lex. You are so amazing. I look forward to hearing all your thoughts on this week long adventure. I love you dearly.

    "Yeah we shine we shine the light of God and when we speak we speak with words of love and when we dance we may get a little wild because we're the people of God yeah, the people of God."

    Just popped in my head, thought I'd share it with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just realized that I posted this in the wrong place! Here is my verse for you today as you work in the clinic and touch the lives of so many in His name: Isaiah 64:8 "Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Continuing to pray for you and the team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lex,
    It was a missions trip that changed my life. I loved God but I learned what it meant to love people in a whole new way. Praying that this trip will be a part of what God uses in directing your path in life. I Corinthians 13:1-3
    Love you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lexi,
    What an insightful statement. One that I keep tucked in my mind. I am very proud of you and what you are doing!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lex- If my kids were sick, I'd want you right there lovin' on them. What a sweet heart the Lord has given you- what a blessing you are to many. Allow Him to keep teaching you while you're there and make sure to write down what's happening every day. You may not have time to process it all right now, but when you look back on your stay, you'll want to remember every little thing.
    Still praying for you and the team!
    Em

    ReplyDelete